GLOCK 17 GEN 5 FULL SIZE 9MM 4.49-INCH BARREL 17
The GLOCK 17 GEN 5 FULL SIZE 9MM 4.49-INCH BARREL 17 is a popular model of handgun made by GLOCK, a Austrian firearms manufacturer. The “GEN 5” designation refers to the fifth generation of this particular model, indicating that it is the most recent version available. It is a full-size handgun chambered in 9mm Luger with a barrel length of 4.49 inches and a magazine capacity of 17 rounds. This means the gun is designed to fire 9mm bullets and has a barrel 4.49 inches in length and it can hold 17 rounds of ammunition in the magazine. The GLOCK 17 is widely used by law enforcement and military agencies around the world, as well as by civilians for self-defense, target shooting, and other purposes.
The new frame design of the GLOCK 17 Gen5 removed the finger grooves for more versatility but still allows to easily customize its grip by using the different back straps. A flared mag-well and a cutout at the front of the frame give the user more speed during reloading when fractions of a second matter. A reversible enlarged magazine catch, changeable at user level as well as the ambidextrous slide stop lever accommodate left and right-handed operators. The rifling and the crown of the barrel were slightly modified for increased precision.
- Model: Gen 5 17
- Type: Pistol: Semi-Auto
- Caliber: 9MM
- Finish: Matte Black nDLC
- Action: Safe Action
- Sight: FT: White Dot RR: White Outline
- Barrel Length: 4.49
- Overall Length: 7.32
- Weight: 22.04 oz
- Capacity: 17 1
- Mags Included: 3
- Safety: Safe Action-3 Separate Automatic Safeties
- Receiver: Polymer
- Packaging: Black Plastic Case
- Features: Glock Marksman Barrel, Flared Magwell; No Finger Grooves, Ambidextrous Slide Stop Levers
- The means of projectile propulsion vary according to designs, but are traditionally effected pneumatically by a high gas pressure contained within the barrel tube, produced either through the rapid exothermic combustion of propellants (as with firearms), or by mechanical compression (as with air guns).