1911 R1 CARRY COMMANDER
The 1911 R1 Carry Commander is a compact version of the classic 1911 handgun, manufactured by Remington. Like the original 1911, it is a single-action, semi-automatic handgun that fires the .45 ACP cartridge. The “Carry Commander” designation likely refers to the gun’s compact size and portability, making it more suitable for concealed carry.
It is designed to have a shorter barrel and slide than a standard 1911, while retaining the same grip size, which makes it more comfortable to carry and conceal. Due to its smaller size, it has less recoil and it is more manageable to use.
As with any firearm, it is important to familiarize yourself with the controls, safety features, and operation of the 1911 R1 Carry Commander before using it. It is recommended to take a proper training and always follow the safety guidelines provided by the manufacturer.Before commercial mass production, handguns were often considered a badge of office.
- Match-grade stainless steel 4¼” barrel and bushing
- De-horned carbon steel frame and slide
- Satin black oxide finish
- Beavertail grip safety with checkered memory bump (25 LPI)
- Checkered front strap and mainspring housing (25 LPI)
- Ambidextrous safety
- Novak® sights with tritium front sight
- Enhanced safety
- Flared and lowered ejection port
- Cocobolo Grips
- Aluminum Trigger with 3½-5lb. Pull
- 7-Round Magazine (2)